Keto Stuffed Mushrooms
Cream cheese and bacon are just about all we need to say “count us in.” Stuffed mushrooms are such a great Keto-friendly snack. The flavors in these stuffed mushrooms perfectly complement our Power Provisions Creamy Tomato Bone Broth Soup cup. These would be great with any of our bone broth soup flavors or even as a Keto-friendly appetizer for your family or friends!
For this recipe, find some big button mushrooms so you can add a good amount of your stuffing mixture to each one. To start, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Pan fry 3 strips of bacon until they’re really crispy. Once the bacon cools, crumble each strip up with your hands to get smaller bacon crumbs or bits. Leave the bacon grease in the pan for the next step!
Cut the stems off the mushrooms so the caps are hollowed out. Chop up the stems and pan fry them in the remaining bacon grease.
In a large mixing bowl, add an 8-ounce block of room temperature cream cheese, crumbled bacon, sautéed mushroom stems, chopped chives, and season with salt, pepper, and paprika to taste.
Next, scoop the cream cheese mixture into each of the hollowed-out mushrooms. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and place each stuffed mushroom on the sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until mushrooms are roasted and golden.
While the stuffed mushrooms are baking, prepare your Power Provisions Creamy Tomato Bone Broth Soup cup. To make the soup, remove the soup powder and MCT oil packet from the cup. Empty the contents of both packets into the cup and pour in boiling water to the fill line inside the cup. Stir it up! We like to use a small whisk to get all the ingredients combined well, but a spoon or fork works fine, as well. Cover up with a plate or tin foil and let set for about 3 minutes. Once time is up, remove the cover, give it another good stir, and transfer to a bowl.
Remove stuffed mushrooms from the oven and let them cool a few minutes. Add them onto your soup or enjoy as a side!
Here's the full recipe:
- 3 bacon strips
- 12 extra large button mushrooms
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 3 tbsp chopped chives
- paprika, to taste
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 Power Provisions Creamy Tomato Bone Broth Soup Cup
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pan fry bacon until it's crispy. Once bacon cools, crumble it up with your hands. Keep bacon fat in the pan for step 3.
- Remove stems from mushrooms. Chop them up and sauté in the remaining bacon fat.
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese, bacon crumbs, sautéed mushroom stems, chives, salt & pepper, and paprika.
- Fill each hollowed mushroom with mixture. Place on a baking sheet and bake 15-20 minutes, until golden.
- Prepare Power Provisions Creamy Tomato Bone Broth Soup Cup and transfer to a bowl. Top with stuffed mushrooms and enjoy!
Looking for more keto-friendly add-ons for our Creamy Tomato Bone Broth Soup? Check these out: